Friday, October 2, 2009

gdiapers

Yeah, finally a way to be good to the environment that is convenient and easy too. I've become a big fan of gdiapers. Those that know me know that I'm not an environmental nut - my carbon footprint is average, I try to do my part. When it came to diapers with my older daughter, I rationalized that I was preserving California's precious natural resource of water, rather than worrying about the landfills. From their web site, "gDiapers, which stands for green diapers, consist of a washable, cotton outer little gPant and a plastic-free biodegradable diaper gRefill. They are made of breathable material just like sports clothing. So, babies stay dry and happy and are far less likely to get diaper rash."

It's true. Our babies haven't had diaper rash since we've been using them. We've rarely had any diaper blowouts - because our
babies are breastfed, their poop is a bit runnier. For a while there I was rinsing poop out of and stain treating at least one outfit a day. This got old fast. Occasionally poop gets on the liner, even less often it gets on the gdiaper cover, and even rarer does it get on an outfit. I actually can't remember the last time I had to stain treat an outfit. Hooray!

Finally, and I understand that this is the most frivolous reason - they're so cute on little baby bums. Here are a couple of shots of Joy, happy in her gdiaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment